COVID 19 update (September 19, 2021)
- With the decline of the COVID -19 pandemic in Switzerland, access to infertility treatments is now unrestricted.
- Couples contemplating pregnancy, naturally or with assisted reproduction treatment (ART), are encouraged to proceed with COVID-19 vaccination, as the general population. Pregnant women are at higher risk for COVID-19 complications, even without co-morbidities.
- If ART is considered or planned, patients should let the doctor know when vaccination is scheduled. It is indeed recommended to observe a delay between the vaccination and the treatment.
- Despite widespread fake news on social networks, the COVID-19 vaccine has no impact on fertility.
► ofsp-coronavirus.ch (myth #4)
- Current sanitary measures (wearing a mask, hand desinfection, social distancing) do remain mandatory inside the medical office.